Arrant Knavery is seeking individuals who are passionate about theatre and engaging with the Pensacola arts community. We have openings on our Board of Directors, and are looking for original members of our newly devised Artistic Committee (AKAC).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Help mold the future of our organization by serving on our board! This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Arrant Knavery’s mission and the arts in the Pensacola area. Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Each member of the board (both executive and general members) shall meet the following requirements during their term:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Serve on at least one (1) committee and take on special assignment
- Executive (Officers Only)
- Artistic/Marketing (AKAC)
- I heART Pensacola (New!)
- Meet minimum fundraising goals, either fiscally or through approved in-kind contributions (fundraising goals must be voted upon by the board)
- Volunteer for at least one (1) full run of one (1) show per season of Board membership.
- Serve a one (1) year term (eligible for re-election)
- New board members must be voted in by the current Board
ARTISTIC COMMITTEE (AKAC)
The Primary function of the AKAC is to uphold the mission and brand of Arrant Knavery (AK) through careful recommendation of creative endeavors. The AKAC is lead by the Artistic Director who acts as liaison between the board and the AKAC. The Board may appoint an AKAC chair to assist the Artistic Director in leading the committee.
Responsibilities of Committee
Each member of the AKAC shall meet the following requirements during their term:
- Meet monthly to discuss current and future productions and events
- Bring recommendations of productions for Arrant Knavery
- Vote on and plan current and future season
- Volunteer for at least one full run of one show during the season of AKAC membership
- Help distribute production flyers, posters, or any other promotional materials when needed
- Opportunities to direct and design shows, plan events, and more
- New members must be voted in by the AKAC and members of the Board
Responsibilities of AKAC Chair
- Take minutes during AKAC meetings and distribute to all members
- Send meeting reminders
- Keep an up-to-date contact sheet
- All AKAC responsibilities